I train a lot, and my reward is a slice of cake, I try to keep it healthy... This is a fab tasty cake using rapeseed oil.
The Orange rind will wow you, the chocolate will hit the spot.
• 200g / 7oz Cream (Plain Flour)
• 1 Rounded tsp Baking Powder
• 4 Large Eggs
• 150g / Golden Caster Sugar
• 2oz Cocoa Powder
• 100ml Rapeseed Oil
• Rind of 2 Oranges Grated
• Broken Pieces of Chocolate (optional) Quarter of a dark chocolate bar
175g Icing sugar
1 tbs Cacao powder
Dessert spoon water
As you wish!
1. Preheat oven to 180c / 350f / Gas 4. Line a 20cm / 8” deep cake tin with baking parchment paper.
2. Place eggs and sugar in a bowl and whisk until thick and creamy and doubled in size.
3. Sieve over the flour, baking powder and cocoa and gently fold in. When almost mixed in, add the oil, juice, rind (and chocolate pieces if using). Gently fold in.
4. Transfer to prepared tin and bake for approx. 25 mins or until cake is risen and spongy when lightly pressed in the centre and skewer comes out clean.
5. Cool in tin for 10 mins before transferring to wire tray to cool fully.
6. For the naughty icing, combine the mascarpone, icing sugar, cacao powder and a table spoon of water in a bowl and mix. Add clementines for slice portions...
The Real Mckay
Leading Private Ski Instruction in Val d'Isere
On and Off Piste, in Person and Online